Saturday, April 17, 2010

Playing in an RPG… sort of?

Hey all.  So I have started playing in a play-by-post game a buddy of mines is running.  It is a 2nd Edition Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and it has been an off and on thing for about 6 years now.  I am playing the same character I started and in game only about 3-4 months have passed, but the group who is playing has been an amazing group to interact with and I love playing the character.

So, I am looking to start a new game, but am not sure what I should run.  I am thinking a Dresden Files Game or maybe a Sci-Fi or Superhero game.  I’ll keep you posted…

2 comments:

  1. Play by Mail games are awesome as long as they are kept focused. I once played in a 2nd Edition Vampire: The Masquerade PBM for almost two years. It was incredible the level of detail these people were including in their Posts not to mention the life that the Game Masters breathed into every aspect of it.

    What ended up being its downfall was allowing too many people to play. In the end they had around 30 members and 17 of them were active, daily, Posters. It got so that the GMs could not keep up with the content and it buried the Game.

    It was great fun while I lasted though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that can happen. We have a good group and not too many...

    The GM is good and people really love the game. It has been going on/off for about 5 or 6 years now...

    ReplyDelete