Tuesday, March 30, 2010

GAMA Wrap Up Part I

So GAMA is done.  *wipes sweat off of forehead* Whew!  What a trip!  I have played more games than I think I can remeber and found some real wheat in there amongst the chaff! 

First of all, who was not there?
  1. Fantasy Flight Games [we know they were not comming this year as they made an announcement on the retailers forum]
  2. Upper Deck Entertainment [not really supprised even though they sent me an email a week before reminding me to come try Marvel Superstars at thier booth]
  3. Games Workshop [Really?  I have no idea why this happened]
  4. Privateer Press [This shocked me!]
Now on to what I saw, who was here and what I got to see:
  • Bastion [Ex Illis] - Wow!  I went into the show really wanting to hate this game.  I had all kinds of reasons put together in my head as to why I would hate it for sure.  Boy was I wrong!  I really don't know what to say other than the demo game I played was great, the system works very well, the miniatures look awsome and the computer part really does not detract from the stratagy of game play.  I will be getting this game and I hope to see more people playing it.
  • Gamer Entertainment [Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer] - If you like Dominion or Thunderstone, sell it and get this game!  It is the best deck construction game I have ever played.  It has the random factor in place, but with a lot less set up time than the afore mentioned games.  I really tried to steal one of their demo sets, but they were too watchful for me to pull it off.  ;)
  • Battlefoam - So I met Romeo in Chicago at Games day for about 15 minutes and what do you know...  he recognized me.  He then announced a new bag that is comming out for Malifaux [more on them later] and showed me some great new toys they have.  I promptly walked away with a new Warmachine bag.  It is the best carry case I have ever owned.  It fit in the overhead of the plane as carry on.  I have 4 other bags I now need to find a home for.  They also showed us the new "Display boards" comming soon to a Battlefoam dealer near you!  Anyone?  Bueler?
  • Bandai [Naruto and Battle Spirits] - Naruto has been out for some time and I never really got into it.  Too bad really, since it is a good game.  Battle Spirits has been out for a little over a year now and I don't know how I missed this little gem.  It is a great game.  Cards look good, art is awsome, thier play mats are the best I have ever seen, and the company's prize support is beyond cool!  This game is the number 1 TCG in Japan and has sold over 35 million cards there alone.  I really like this one a lot.
More to come in part II

No comments:

Post a Comment