First of all, who was not there?
- Fantasy Flight Games [we know they were not comming this year as they made an announcement on the retailers forum]
- Upper Deck Entertainment [not really supprised even though they sent me an email a week before reminding me to come try Marvel Superstars at thier booth]
- Games Workshop [Really? I have no idea why this happened]
- Privateer Press [This shocked me!]
- Bastion [Ex Illis] - Wow! I went into the show really wanting to hate this game. I had all kinds of reasons put together in my head as to why I would hate it for sure. Boy was I wrong! I really don't know what to say other than the demo game I played was great, the system works very well, the miniatures look awsome and the computer part really does not detract from the stratagy of game play. I will be getting this game and I hope to see more people playing it.
- Gamer Entertainment [Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer] - If you like Dominion or Thunderstone, sell it and get this game! It is the best deck construction game I have ever played. It has the random factor in place, but with a lot less set up time than the afore mentioned games. I really tried to steal one of their demo sets, but they were too watchful for me to pull it off. ;)
- Battlefoam - So I met Romeo in Chicago at Games day for about 15 minutes and what do you know... he recognized me. He then announced a new bag that is comming out for Malifaux [more on them later] and showed me some great new toys they have. I promptly walked away with a new Warmachine bag. It is the best carry case I have ever owned. It fit in the overhead of the plane as carry on. I have 4 other bags I now need to find a home for. They also showed us the new "Display boards" comming soon to a Battlefoam dealer near you! Anyone? Bueler?
- Bandai [Naruto and Battle Spirits] - Naruto has been out for some time and I never really got into it. Too bad really, since it is a good game. Battle Spirits has been out for a little over a year now and I don't know how I missed this little gem. It is a great game. Cards look good, art is awsome, thier play mats are the best I have ever seen, and the company's prize support is beyond cool! This game is the number 1 TCG in Japan and has sold over 35 million cards there alone. I really like this one a lot.